Friday, September 24, 2010

El final del verano / The end of the summer

Casi sin darme cuenta se han pasado los días de salir al jardín a jugar e ir a pasear en manga corta. No es que me moleste, porque yo me lo paso bien igual, pero ya no es lo mismo.

The backyard playing days and the sleeveless strolls have gone away almost without noticing. It is not that it bothers me, because I have fun regardless, but it is not the same any more.

En estas semanas he hecho algunos progresos poniéndome de pie pero todavía me da miedo caminar. El otro día me puse unas zapatillas por primera vez y probé a dar pasos por la calle, pero todavía necesito ayuda para no caerme.

In these weeks I have made some progress standing up but I’m scared of walking. Last week I put on a pair of shoes for the first time and I tried to take little steps on the street, but I still need help not to fall.

Y aunque tampoco he aprendido a gatear, he encontrado una forma de desplazarme por el suelo que me funciona muy bien: arrastrando el culete.

And even though I have not learned how to crawl, I have found a way to move on the floor that works quite well for me: scooting around.



Esto hace que el universo de cosas a mi alcance se haya multiplicado por diez, para desesperación de mis papás que se pasan el día colocando lo que yo desordeno en cinco minutos.

The universe of things that I can reach has multiplied by ten, which gets on my parents’ nerves: they spend the day sorting out what I mess up in five minutes.


A finales de agosto fue el cumpleaños de papá y nos fuimos a ver un partido de baseball, que no es lo mismo que ir a Boston, pero al menos algo distinto. Jugaban los Blue Jays (Abejarucos Azules) de Toronto contra los Tigers (Tigres) de Detroit.

At the end of August it was daddy’s birthday and we went to a baseball game, which is not the same as a trip to Boston, but at least something different to do. We saw the Blue Jays play against the Detroit Tigers.

Yo ya había visto el baseball en la tele, pero en el campo era más divertido, con la gente cantando y animando en las jugadas clave. Aun así me dormí en la séptima entrada, porque al solecito y con la tripa llena no me pude resistir.

I had already watched baseball on TV, but it was more fun in the stadium, with people chanting and cheering on the key plays. Still, I fell asleep in the seventh inning: I could not resist with my tummy full on a warm afternoon.

Papá me dijo que estuvo interesante, porque el closer de los Jays que es un poco negado dejó escapar 3 carreras en la novena y sólo ganaron por una (5-4).

Daddy told me that it was interesting at the end, because the Jays’ closer, who is a little hopeless at closing games, let the Tigers score 3 runs in the ninth and they only won by one (5-4).

Esta semana nos vamos de vacaciones a España y voy a poder conocer la tierra y la familia de mi papá. Además me han dicho que allí el verano dura más, así que aún podré disfrutar un poco de buen tiempo. Ya os contaré como me va a la vuelta.

This week we are going on vacation to Spain and I will finally get to know daddy’s homeland and family. Besides I’ve been told that in Spain the summer lasts longer, which means that I will enjoy the good weather a little longer. I will tell you how it goes when I am back.

No comments:

Post a Comment