Friday, June 12, 2009

¡Es una niña! / It is a girl!

Hoy papá y mamá han sabido algo que yo podía haberles dicho y han tenido que ir a que una señora con acento ruso y una máquina mágica les dijera que soy una niña. La máquina era capaz de ver a través de la barriga de mamá y hacía fotos como ésta que nos dieron de recuerdo.

Today daddy and mommy have found out something that I could have told them and they have had to go and visit a woman with Russian accent and a magic machine to get to know that I am a girl. The machine was able to see through mommy's tummy and could take photos like the one below that was given to us as a memory.


Aunque aún soy pequeñita, mamá dice que esa nariz y esa boca ya las ha visto antes, y cada vez que han visitado a las señoras con máquinas mágicas de ver se acrecentaron sus sospechas.

Though I am still very small, mommy says that she has seen that nose and that mouth before, and every time they have visited a woman with magic machines to see inside her suspicion increased.  

Cuando empecé a comunicarme con mis papás me preguntaron que cómo me llamaba. Yo ya lo sabía, así que se lo dije y también les conté cómo lo escogí. Quería un nombre bonito y que fuera fácil de pronunciar en cualquier sitio. Papá es de España, pero la gente dice que no es un español típico, y mamá es de Perú, aunque nadie lo adivina. Y yo voy a ser de Canadá, donde da igual de donde seas. Al final elegí Avril, que es bonito en español, en inglés (aunque aquí ponen el acento en la "a" en lugar de la "i") y gustará en Francia y Québec (siempre es importante llevarse bien con los franceses).

When I started to communicate with my parents they asked me what my name was. I already knew it, so I unveiled it to them, as well as how I had come up with it. I wanted a beautiful name that was easy to pronounce everywhere. Daddy is from Spain, though people say that he is not a typical Spaniard, and mommy is from Peru, but nobody figures it out. And I am going to be from Canada, where it does not matter where you are from. Finally I chose Avril, which is beautiful in Spanish, in English (though they put the stress on the "a" as opposed to the "i") and it will be liked in France and Québec (it is always important to get along with French people).

Avril, Avril, Avril. ¿Suena bien verdad? ¿Te gusta? A mí me encanta. Ya sé que no soy objetiva, pero me parece el nombre más bonito del mundo.

Avril, Avril, Avril. It sounds good, doesn't it? Do you like it? I love it. I know I am not objective, but I feel it is the most wonderful name in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment